I’ve been cleaning out my old files, trying to make them more organized and clean out the dreck. One of these documents I found was an old ‘language’ that I had created sometime around middle school.
As you can see from the scan, what I did was assign a rune to each letter, then invert the order of each word and assign some descriptive signifiers. Looking at it now it almost looks like I was attempting to assign order to the world with it by making communication more crisp and clear… through obfuscation.
Perhaps saddest to me is the scribbled out part at the bottom where I had started working on a roman numeral style numbering system and then gave up in favor of the standard digit system. It would be a while before I wrapped my head around non-base 10 numbers.